For NVQ/VRQ Level 3 qualified therapists
Ideal add on to your treatments
For NVQ/VRQ Level 2 qualified therapists with minimum 6 months industry experience
Dermaplaning is a gentle, non-invasive form of manual exfoliation in which a tool is used to gently exfoliate the outermost layers of the epidermis. It removes dead skin cells and fine facial hair (known as “peach fuzz”).
This encourages the skin to regenerate new skin cells, leaving the complexion smooth, soft and vibrant. A noticeable improvement is immediate with smoother texture and fresh skin appearance.
This qualification will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as an advanced beauty therapist specialising in Dermaplaning.
- Level 2 or 3 Beauty qualification
- Good standard of English sufficient to complete the course competences and online examinations.
- Students must be over 16 years old to enrol on this course
How long is the course:
- 1 day
- 10am – 3pm
- Maximum class size: 6 students
You will also be required to do home-based learning to practice your skills as part of this course.
How will I be assessed:
- Online theory test
- Observations and oral questioning
- Practical assessments and assignments
We are committed to making our assessments a supportive and encouraging experience. Our highly experienced tutors will always ensure you are relaxed and confident before undergoing any assessment modules.
Do I need to bring a model
You will only need to bring a model for the practical assessments.
At all other times students will be expected to practice on each other.
What do I need to buy for this course
- Dermaplaning Kit (included)
- You will be required to wear a salon tunic
- Stationery and a notebook
What can I do with this qualification
You can seek employment as an advanced Beauty Therapist within commercial sectors such beauty salons, spas, health clubs or in the retail sector or as a self-employed beauty therapist, or you can progress onto other Level 2/3 Beauty related courses.
We also offer a range of progressive courses that will complement this qualification and extend the services you can offer to clients once you start working in the industry.
- Pay in full
- Flexible payment plans with Klarna
The qualification includes:
Once you have successfully completed your training course, you will be able to:
- Offer your clients a highly effective exfoliation treatment that removes both dead skin cells and peach fuzz to leave your clients skin incredibly soft
- Able to increase your salon earnings with this lucrative treatment
- Qualified to perform this form of manual exfoliation to a high commercial standard.
- Client consultation, protocol and informed consent
- Introduction to Dermaplaning
- Benefits of Dermaplaning
- Contra-indications and contra-actions
- Skin analysis
- Dermaplaning blade selection, preparation, use and disposal
- Safe handling of blades before, during and after treatment
- Multiple treatment protocols theory – step by step of a Dermaplaning treatment
- Treatment results
- Post treatment care/ post treatment restrictions and aftercare
- Treatment planning and pricing
Bedfordshire Beauty Academy Practitioner Certificate accredited by Professional Beauty Direct
PLEASE Choose from ONE OPTION below, TO purchase YOUR COURSE online.