Hopi Ear Candling Diploma Course
Hopi Ear Candling is a holistic therapy originated from the Native American Hopi Indians of North Arizona. ‘Hopi’ means peaceful people. An ear candle, made with natural ingredients including linen, beeswax, and honey, is lit at one end and gently placed in the ear. This creates a slight under-pressure (the chimney effect) inside the ear candle and a vibration of the rising air column through the natural movement of the flame serve to gentle massage the eardrum. The treatment is followed by a relaxing pressure point facial massage. Effective for: Headaches, Migraines, Sore Throats, Sinusitis, Glue Ear, Excessive Wax, Catarrh and Snoring.
- No previous knowledge or experience required
- Good standard of English sufficient to complete the course competences and online examinations.
- Students must be over 16 years old to enrol on this course
How long is the course:
- 1 day
- 10am – 2pm
- Maximum class size: 6 students
You will also be required to do home-based learning to practice your skills as part of this course.
How will I be assessed:
- Online theory test
- Observations and oral questioning
- Practical assessments and assignments
We are committed to making our assessments a supportive and encouraging experience. Our highly experienced tutors will always ensure you are relaxed and confident before undergoing any assessment modules.
Do I need to bring a model
You will only need to bring a model for the practical assessments.
At all other times students will be expected to practice on each other.
What do I need to buy for this course
- You will be required to wear a salon tunic or black clothing
- Stationery and a notebook
The qualification includes:
- Hygiene, health and safety
- Relevant anatomy and physiology
- History of ear candling
- Contra indications
- Products and equipment required
- Consultation procedures
- Application of candles and pressure point facial massage
What can I do with this qualification
You can seek employment as a Holistic Therapist within commercial sectors such beauty salons, spas, health clubs or in the retail sector or as a self-employed beauty therapist, or you can progress onto other Level 2/3 Beauty related courses.
We also offer a range of progressive courses that will complement this qualification and extend the services you can offer to clients once you start working in the industry.
- Pay in full
- Flexible payment plans with Klarna
Bedfordshire Beauty Academy Practitioner Certificate accredited by Professional Beauty Direct
PLEASE Choose from ONE OPTION below, TO purchase YOUR COURSE online.