Level 2 Award in Providing Manicure Services
*For Level 2/3 qualified therapists
kit available to purchase
This VTCT Level 2 Manicure is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to provide manicure/hand care. Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment and how to promote client care and communications in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
This qualification is about providing manicure services to clients. It covers consulting with the client, recognising any contra-indications, preparing for the service and producing a service plan. It also covers filing and buffing the nails, using skin and cuticle treatments, massaging the hand and lower arm and providing a suitable nail finish.
- Level 2/3 qualification
- Good standard of English sufficient to complete the course competences and online examinations.
- Students must be over 16 years old to enrol on this course
- *Covid qualification required
How long is the course:
- 3 days
- 10am – 3pm (1 day per week)
- Maximum class size: 6 students
You will also be required to do home-based learning to practice your skills, complete your homework and online assessments as part of this course.
How will I be assessed:
- Online theory tests (multiple choice)
- Observations and oral questioning
- Practical assessments and assignments
- Portfolio evidence to demonstrate your understanding
We are committed to making our assessments a supportive and encouraging experience. Our highly experienced tutors will always ensure you are relaxed and confident before undergoing any assessment modules.
Do I need to bring a model
You will only need to bring a model for the practical assessments.
At all other times students will be expected to practice on each other.
What do I need to buy for this course
- Whilst you are training with us we provide all the materials you will need
- You will be required to wear all salon tunic or black clothing
- Stationery and a notebook
- Manicure kit available to purchase
- Maintenance and care procedures for the nails and skin of the hands
- The application of colour to the nails on the hands
- French manicure technique
- Single layer varnishing
- Multi-layer varnishing
- Paraffin wax and warm oil treatments for nourishment
- The study of the structure of the nail
- Contra-indications to manicure and pedicure
- Client consultation techniques
What can I do with this qualification
You can seek employment as a Beauty Therapist within commercial sectors such beauty salons, spas, health clubs or in the retail sector or as a self-employed beauty therapist, or you can progress onto other Level 2 Beauty related courses.
We also offer a range of progressive courses that will complement this qualification and extend the services you can offer to clients once you start working in the industry.
- Pay in full
- Flexible payment plans through Klarna
- Can be either paid in full or Booking fee £100 (non refundable) and balance by week 2
- Course price does not include compulsory VTCT Covid-19 exam (£20)
PLEASE Choose from ONE OPTION below, TO purchase YOUR COURSE online.
£100.00 – £495.00