Level 2 NVQ Award in Providing Make Up Services
VTCT Level 2
This VTCT Level 2 Award in Make up is a qualification that has been specifically designed to develop your practical skills in; how to provide make up. Underpinning this qualification you will develop a sound knowledge of health and safety practices in a salon environment and how to promote client care and communications in beauty related industries. You will also develop an underpinning knowledge and understanding of the practical skills learned throughout this qualification.
This qualification is about providing make-up services for a variety of occasions, including day, evening and special occasions. You will need to show you can work with a variety of skin types and conditions. The unit covers the application of a wide range of make-up products to different skin tones and age groups. We use quality mineral cosmetics, and this course includes product knowledge, hints, tips and techniques, and completing a look. An opportunity not to be missed!
- No previous experience required
- Good standard of English sufficient to complete the course competences and online examinations.
- Students must be over 16 years old to enrol on this course
- *Covid qualification required
How long is the course:
- 4 days
- 10am – 3pm (1 day per week)
- Maximum class size: 6 students
You will also be required to do home-based learning to practice your skills, complete your homework and online assessments as part of this course.
How will I be assessed:
- Online theory tests (multiple choice)
- Observations and oral questioning
- Practical assessments and assignments
- Portfolio evidence to demonstrate your understanding
We are committed to making our assessments a supportive and encouraging experience. Our highly experienced tutors will always ensure you are relaxed and confident before undergoing any assessment modules.
Do I need to bring a model
You will only need to bring a model for the practical assessments.
At all other times students will be expected to practice on each other.
What do I need to buy for this course
- Whilst you are training with us we provide all the materials you will need
- You will be required to wear all salon tunic or black clothing
- Stationery and a notebook
The qualification includes:
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Health & Safety
- Day, evening and special occasion looks
What can I do with this qualification
You can seek employment as a Beauty Therapist or make up artist within commercial sectors such beauty salons, spas, health clubs or in the retail sector or as a self-employed beauty therapist, or you can progress onto other Level 2 Beauty related courses.
We also offer a range of progressive courses that will complement this qualification and extend the services you can offer to clients once you start working in the industry.
- Pay in full
- Flexible payment plans through Klarna
- Can be either paid in full or Booking fee £100 (non refundable) and balance by week 2
- Course price does not include compulsory VTCT Covid-19 exam (£20)
Accreditation: VTCT Level 2
PLEASE Choose from ONE OPTION below, TO purchase YOUR COURSE online.