Level 4 VTCT Certificate in IPL and Laser
VTCT Level 4
4 week course
As of January 2016, the regulatory body states that all therapists wishing to carry out laser or IPL treatments must have the Level 4 qualification. This is now a mandatory requirement in 2016. The insurance companies also require that laser technicians must hold a level 4 laser and IPL certificate in order to be insured.
The VTCT Level 4 Certificate in Laser and Intense Pulse Light (IPL) is an advanced qualification that has been specially designed for beauty therapists who would like to qualify as a laser aesthetic technician.
We will help you to develop all the skills required to perform Laser/IPL hair removal treatments and skin rejuvenation. In addition to this, students will learn the basic health and safety precautions for operating laser technology in the salon. Our training will also cover skills to analyse the hair and skin type, identify any treatment contra-indications, likely contra-actions, and also how to develop a specific course of treatment plan to suit individual client needs.
- Level 3 Beauty qualification or Level 2 Waxing & Facial
- Good standard of English sufficient to complete the course competences and online examinations.
- Students must be over 16 years old to enrol on this course
How long is the course:
- 4 days
- 10am – 3pm (1 day per week)
- Maximum class size: 6 students
You will also be required to do home-based learning to practice your skills, complete your homework and online assessments as part of this course.
How will I be assessed:
- Online theory tests (multiple choice)
- Observations and oral questioning
- Practical assessments and assignments
- Portfolio evidence to demonstrate your understanding
We are committed to making our assessments a supportive and encouraging experience. Our highly experienced tutors will always ensure you are relaxed and confident before undergoing any assessment modules.
Do I need to bring a model
You will only need to bring a model for the practical assessments.
At all other times students will be expected to practice on each other.
What do I need to buy for this course
- Whilst you are training with us we provide all the materials you will need
- You will be required to wear all salon tunic or black clothing
- Stationery and a notebook
What can I do with this qualification
You can seek employment as an advanced Beauty Therapist within commercial sectors such beauty salons, spas, health clubs or in the retail sector or as a self-employed beauty therapist, or you can progress onto other Level 2/3 Beauty related courses.
We also offer a range of progressive courses that will complement this qualification and extend the services you can offer to clients once you start working in the industry.
- Pay in full
- Flexible payment plans through Klarna
- Can be either paid in full or Booking fee £100 (non refundable) and balance by week 2
- Course price does not include compulsory VTCT Covid-19 exam (£20)
Accreditation: VTCT Level 4
The qualification includes:
Client care and communication in beauty-related industries
– Laser and light treatments for hair removal
– Laser and light treatments for skin rejuvenation
– Management of health, safety and security in the salon
PLEASE Choose from ONE OPTION below, TO purchase YOUR COURSE online.
£100.00 – £995.00